Buy a Gift Voucher
SCA Brewing - Professional (3 Days)
Master brewing variables & water knowledge
Designed to develop mastery of coffee brewing. This coffee brewing course tests the ability to navigate the Coffee Brewing Control Chart, and use the control measures available with a variety of brewing methods and devices.
Applicants must have held the SCA CSP Brewing Intermediate certificate for a minimum of 3 months.
What you will learn:
- How to optimise brew plans for coffee of different roast levels
- How to use and chart by-pass
- How particle size distribution impacts taste and extraction
- How to brew and chart different extraction yields at the same strength
- How to brew and chart different strengths with the same extraction yield
- How brewing temperature effects flavour nuances
- How wetting and turbulence variables affect extraction and taste
- About water chemistry and water treatment
- How different water chemistry affects extraction, taste, and flavour
- The influence of roast level on brewed coffee
- How to use and chart bypass
- Water chemistry and water treatment
- Access to the world’s leading coffee education program
- Detailed course notes
- Participants who successfully complete the practical & written exams will receive internationally recognised certification, and earn points towards the SCA Coffee Diploma.
- Your interest to learn!
Pre-requisites: Holding the SCA Brewing Intermediate certification for a minimum of 3 months is a mandatory pre-requisite. SCA Introduction to Coffee & SCA Barista Intermediate are recommended.
Barista Fundamentals Course - Cancellation & Rescheduling:
Barista Fundamentals courses may be cancelled or rescheduled as per the following:
Refunds (less a $20 fee to cover bank & booking site fees) are available with a minimum of 7 days notice.
Minimum 48 hours notice - No rescheduling fee. ($50 cancellation fee if less than 48 hours notice.)
Less than 48 hours notice - $50 rescheduling fee. (No cancellations available with less than 48 hours notice.)
SCA Coffee Skills Program Courses - Cancellation & Rescheduling:
SCA CSP Courses courses may be cancelled or rescheduled as per the following:
Course fees will be refunded (less a $20 fee to cover bank & booking site fees) if training is cancelled at least 14 days prior to course commencement.
A $150 cancellation fee is deducted from refunds for cancellations received less than 14 days prior to course commencement.
No cancellation is available with less than 2 business days’ notice, however you may reschedule with applicable rescheduling fees.
No fee is applicable if rescheduling is requested at least 14 days prior to course commencement.
A $150 rescheduling fee is applicable if rescheduling is requested less than 14 days prior to course commencement
Thank you for your understanding.
It is a condition of registration that you agree to follow the COVID 19 social distancing guidelines required to protect you, other customers, and our staff.
We appreciate your choice of Genovese Coffee for your coffee education, and our course pricing reflects the following:
- The quality of the training provided.
- Pre-class preparation.
- The quality of the equipment & the cost of materials used.
- Small class sizes.
- The ongoing development of our trainers.
Once your booking is confirmed and your payment is cleared, we begin the process of preparing your class. Although we understand events or illness may require that you reschedule or cancel your booking, our refund and rescheduling policy reflects the costs incurred in the preparation of the scheduled class.
Please note: Booking site fees are non-refundable.
It is a condition of registration that you agree to follow the social distancing guidelines required to protect you, other customers, and our staff.