Buy a Gift Voucher
SCA Sensory Skills - Foundation (1 Day) $545
Foundation level cupping for coffee professionals
This course covers the essentials of sensory evaluation. You will learn in a very practical and interactive manner the way we perceive what we taste and how to apply it to the evaluation of the intrinsic characteristics of coffee. It also offers an introduction to identify speciality coffee qualities, and gain an overview on how to implement it in your business. Multiple practical exercises are conducted during this course, including tasting assessment of positive & negative coffee attributes.
What you will learn:
- Physiology: Olfaction & Gustation.
- The difference between taste & flavour.
- The 5 basic tastes.
- Defining basic aromas.
- Familiarity with the Le Nez du Cafe kit.
- Use of the SCA Coffee Tasters Flavour Wheel.
- Defining tastes & body in coffee.
- The key attributes assessed in coffee,
- How to identify positive and negative coffee attributes.
- Cupping protocols and language
- How to set-up a cupping table.
- An introduction to the SCA Cupping Form
Students who successfully complete the written exam will earn points towards the internationally recognised Specialty Coffee Association, Coffee Skills Program Diploma.
- Physiology: Olfaction & Gustation
- The difference between taste & flavour
- The 5 basic tastes
- Access to the world’s leading coffee education program
- Detailed course notes
- Participants who successfully complete the written & practical exams will receive internationally recognised certification, and earn points towards the SCA Coffee Diploma.
- Your interest to learn!
Pre-requisites: SCA Introduction to Coffee is recommended.
Barista Fundamentals Course - Cancellation & Rescheduling:
Barista Fundamentals courses may be cancelled or rescheduled as per the following:
Refunds (less a $20 fee to cover bank & booking site fees) are available with a minimum of 7 days notice.
Minimum 48 hours notice - No rescheduling fee. ($50 cancellation fee if less than 48 hours notice.)
Less than 48 hours notice - $50 rescheduling fee. (No cancellations available with less than 48 hours notice.)
SCA Coffee Skills Program Courses - Cancellation & Rescheduling:
SCA CSP Courses courses may be cancelled or rescheduled as per the following:
Course fees will be refunded (less a $20 fee to cover bank & booking site fees) if training is cancelled at least 14 days prior to course commencement.
A $150 cancellation fee is deducted from refunds for cancellations received less than 14 days prior to course commencement.
No cancellation is available with less than 2 business days’ notice, however you may reschedule with applicable rescheduling fees.
No fee is applicable if rescheduling is requested at least 14 days prior to course commencement.
A $150 rescheduling fee is applicable if rescheduling is requested less than 14 days prior to course commencement
Thank you for your understanding.
It is a condition of registration that you agree to follow the COVID 19 social distancing guidelines required to protect you, other customers, and our staff.
We appreciate your choice of Genovese Coffee for your coffee education, and our course pricing reflects the following:
- The quality of the training provided.
- Pre-class preparation.
- The quality of the equipment & the cost of materials used.
- Small class sizes.
- The ongoing development of our trainers.
Once your booking is confirmed and your payment is cleared, we begin the process of preparing your class. Although we understand events or illness may require that you reschedule or cancel your booking, our refund and rescheduling policy reflects the costs incurred in the preparation of the scheduled class.
Please note: Booking site fees are non-refundable.
It is a condition of registration that you agree to follow the social distancing guidelines required to protect you, other customers, and our staff.