Buy a Gift Voucher
SCA Coffee Roasting Course-Foundation (1 Day) $545
Learn to roast coffee
The SCA Coffee Roasting courses are the only certified coffee roasting courses available in Australia. This coffee roasting course will give you a fundamental understanding of the roasting process and the key determining factors in heating control, the roast cycle, process logging and how to control basic sensory aspects of the coffee by roasting light or dark. This session is ideally suited for people new to the coffee industry or those looking to gain an insight into the broad subject matter of roasting coffee.
What you will learn:
- Heat transfer - Avoiding fires
- The basics of the roasting cycle
- How to control heat in a roaster
- How to repeat a roast profile
- How to complete a roast log
- Green Coffee moisture content
- 1st Crack
- Cooling roasted coffee
- Basics of light, medium, and dark roasting
- The basics of the roasting cycle, and how to control heat in a roaster
- How to log and roast coffee following a simple roast plan
- How to measure green coffee moisture & density, and how to taste and avoid basic roasting defects
- Access to the world’s leading coffee education program
- Detailed course notes
- Participants who successfully complete the written & practical exams will receive internationally recognised certification, and earn points towards the SCA Coffee Diploma.
Please use the entrance at 51 Moreland Rd.
Onsite parking is available.
- Your interest to learn!
SCA Introduction to Coffee is recommended.
Barista Fundamentals Course - Cancellation & Rescheduling:
Barista Fundamentals courses may be cancelled or rescheduled as per the following:
Refunds (less a $20 fee to cover bank & booking site fees) are available with a minimum of 7 days notice.
Minimum 48 hours notice - No rescheduling fee. ($50 cancellation fee if less than 48 hours notice.)
Less than 48 hours notice - $50 rescheduling fee. (No cancellations available with less than 48 hours notice.)
SCA Coffee Skills Program Courses - Cancellation & Rescheduling:
SCA CSP Courses courses may be cancelled or rescheduled as per the following:
Course fees will be refunded (less a $20 fee to cover bank & booking site fees) if training is cancelled at least 14 days prior to course commencement.
A $150 cancellation fee is deducted from refunds for cancellations received less than 14 days prior to course commencement.
No cancellation is available with less than 2 business days’ notice, however you may reschedule with applicable rescheduling fees.
No fee is applicable if rescheduling is requested at least 14 days prior to course commencement.
A $150 rescheduling fee is applicable if rescheduling is requested less than 14 days prior to course commencement
Thank you for your understanding.
It is a condition of registration that you agree to follow the COVID 19 social distancing guidelines required to protect you, other customers, and our staff.
We appreciate your choice of Genovese Coffee for your coffee education, and our course pricing reflects the following:
- The quality of the training provided.
- Pre-class preparation.
- The quality of the equipment & the cost of materials used.
- Small class sizes.
- The ongoing development of our trainers.
Once your booking is confirmed and your payment is cleared, we begin the process of preparing your class. Although we understand events or illness may require that you reschedule or cancel your booking, our refund and rescheduling policy reflects the costs incurred in the preparation of the scheduled class.
Please note: Booking site fees are non-refundable.
It is a condition of registration that you agree to follow the social distancing guidelines required to protect you, other customers, and our staff.